Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Contact with a Teacher outside my state

Kennedy Junior high

I was able to contact my Advisor from a school i attended when i lived in Naperville IL. The school was Kennedy Junior High School. She was able to help me and tell me about the technology they are using in the school now. I was most fascinated by the ID cards that the students are issued. They can load their lunch money to it and parents are able to check and see what the students are buying for lunch. The school also uses many other forms of Technology in the classrooms. They use Blackboard for homework that can be electronically submitted through the Internet. They have Smartboard systems that allow the teachers to hook up their computers to it and what ever the teacher is looking at it is then projected on the screen for the students. They have a few computer labs that are set up for class group projects. Each teacher has a laptop to record the grades and plan presentations. This year their laptops are in process of being replaced with Lifebooks that are written on with the stylist pens. They also use a system called iparent, this allows the parents, teachers and students to be updated on grades continuously. They have a phone system that is hooked up so that if the advisor receives a message on her answering machine at work her computer will play it to her at home. Their website is set up very well and very informative!
Overall I think they have a wide variety of Technology available to them in the school. Some for the students to better their education and some for the teachers to better their communications. It is well balanced.
I would like to thank Mrs. Linda Cusack for all the information and taking the time to answer all my questions. I still miss all of you!!!

No comments: