Friday, August 29, 2008

In the Fischbowl

This site has a wonderful video that deals with an issue I myself have wondered about before. How far education has come and how far it is going! When my parents dealt with my brother and I doing homework in middle school they'd say "This is much more difficult than when we were in school. They sure require so much more from these kids." Now I have my own children and my oldest is in first grade. I received last week a "Guide to Mathematics and a Guide to Reading and English" I have scanned through the Math one and it unbelievable the Math concepts that first graders have to learn. But that is what is required to stay caught up with the rest of the world.
The presentation on Fischbowl just shows how fast the world is adbancing and what are you doing to stay caught up with it. The technology is advancing so fast is unbelievable. Its really amazing for me because I was a kid when computers were introduced into classrooms and the when the internet was introduced. My kids will grow up with amazing technology and the school will be able to educate in ways they never dreamed of!

to visit fischbowl

No comments: