Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Fisch has a point

Is it okay? After reading this I totally agree with him. Educators should be held accountable for the learning of new technology. How can we expect to teach students what is the most accurate and new technology out there if we don't learn it ourselves. I subbed at a school recently and they are required to make a weekly newsletter for their class and send home and the teacher was having a hard time figuring out how to insert pictures of the class. "My assistant usually does this" is what she told me. I ended up helping her get the picture resized and placed properly. While i was doing this I had pondered why it was that a highly certified teacher did not know the basics of creating a newsletter.
Teachers must know how to work in new technologies in order to keep up. Children have such a curiosity to learn and if we do not teach them what they need to know to thrive in this ever changing world then we have done our society no good whatsoever!

No comments: